So I want to talk about the fine art of sighing... This one was interesting to me because it was simple. I guess it was surprising because most of the things we have been reading in class or for class are so confusing and odd and you have to try and find the hidden message. You can only imagine how thrilled I was when this reading came so easy; I guess you can say easy for me. It made me happy haha. In class when you told us to pick from the three on the board I knew right away I wanted to talk about this particular essay, just because it was easy for me to talk about.
Anyways to cut to the chase I’m just going to start talking more about it. I liked how the essay made me think of sighing, because you know I’ve never really thought about people sighing and if I had I would automatically jump to the person being upset. While reading this it actually opened my eyes to a sigh is more than just a deep breath it is an emotion almost. It can mean happy, sad, pissed off, and annoyed, relief, death… It can mean anything. There really isn’t a word or a way to describe a sigh; everyone does them for their own reasons. I started to pay attention to people and see if they notice that they sign and they don’t. It’s funny to me how people including myself sigh without really realizing it. I loved how the author called sighs meaningful, because if you think about it they are.
The “hidden” message I found in this is everyone is connected somehow through sighs. An example is the author says “it’s a reflex and a Legacy (meaning you inherited it, and so did everyone else), this SOULful SPECIES of breathing”. I capitalized soul and species because the author gave sighing identity like it is its own person or everyone does it. Also the reason I think the author is trying to say we are all connected is because he goes on and talks about people all over the world like a guy in Milwaukee, and Judge in Munich. I just really liked and appreciated the message and how it got me thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment