For this blog I decided to blog about my work I have done recently. When I first started in this class I was worried about all the writing assignments and the poetry and blahh blahhh. I didn’t really want to take this class either; I was pretty upset now that I think about it. The only reason I was upset is because I hate writing classes, I mean I have written thing before obviously, but with poetry and stories I liked to do those just for fun and would NEVER show anyone. So you can only imagine the fear I through had to share my stories and poetry. I was nervous and scared; I mean I only wrote things in private because I’m not a great writer at all. The people actually surprised me though they were nice and gave feedback. The people in my group never once said this sucks or you should drop the class like I thought they would say. They would give constructive criticism and make me feel a little bit better about writing.
This brings me to the class and why I’m now happy I took it, I learned a lot. I learned how to be more comfortable with my writing, and its okay if you have a bad piece someone will help ya out. I also learned more about poetry, like everyone gets their own message from it. Which is okay just because you got one thing out of it doesn’t mean you’re necessarily wrong, I mean there could be multiple meanings in the poem. In class we read some interesting books that I liked a lot. To name one Blood Dazzler, I loved this one in particular. I think it’s because there is so much heart and actual experience in each poem. The poetry in the book is so unique and has its own story. Another book I was fond of is To After That, I think I liked this one because it was interesting, and I just didn’t mind reading it. Now to bring up the entire essay packet collection we have, I like them as well. I know some of them are little parts of books and I wish I could read the entire thing. Some of the writing in them was weird and I didn’t like em but others I just loved.
Overall I am really happy I took this class, it has inspired me to write more. I’m not sure if I’m ready to share my writing with other people just yet, I’ll probably stick to family and friends. I’m just happy I can improve my hobby of occasionally picking up a pencil and just writing (also learned that) don’t think too much about what you want to write, just write. I enjoyed the class and am happy I could learn more about writing styles and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment