Tuesday, October 26, 2010

After after that


To after that- this book is really very interesting because it is a story in a story. Goldberg starts off by talking about a book that failed and then goes off into another story, and it honestly got pretty confusing. I didn’t like the book at first but then I started to get into it. I think the reason behind that is I stated to look past all the, is this that, and I wish I would have done this, or I wish my book hadn’t failed and it did because of this. Instead of focusing on that I started to focus on the amazing detail in the book.  For example on page 14 she talking about the fruit stands on the sides of the road, “to buy them, you had to make clown of the body, using your hands and feet to indicate shapes and color”, or “I transverse the concrete city with both hands”. That’s when I really started to enjoy the book.

When I received the assignment to take sentences or statements from Goldberg’s book I wasn’t sure how well it would go over. So I started looking in the book and came across some interesting things and started to write and work with the sentences I found. The writing came pretty easy and I was starting to get into my writing. Then I hit a writer’s wall or block whatever you call it. For some reason I couldn’t write anymore, it was like all my thoughts had vanished. I was a little upset but I eventually started to write again about an hour or so later. 

I know I hate writing and reading so I haven’t been getting into many class discussions or into the reading and writing. So I figure why not try to get into everything. To be honest I’m starting to enjoy this class the more I get into the work. I feel like the books aren’t as bad as they could be, and I try and suck it up when it comes to assignments. I just wish I was better at the whole writing thing, but I feel like I’m starting to get better which is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment