Thursday, September 30, 2010

Goldberg

As I started to finish reading Writing Down the Bones I came across some things that I could relate to. In the book she says " every minute we change. It is a great opportunity. at any point, we can step out of our frozen selves and our ideas and begin fresh. That is how writing is. instead of  freezing us it frees us". I like what she says here, when I write I feel like I can do anything or write anything, because I can there aren't any boundaries. Its almost like you're in your own world, no rules nothing but you and your mind. Another part I enjoyed is when she said " A moment you were awake enough to write down and capture". I really like this because I think if a person can write down every emotion running through them when the event is happening, it makes the story or poem or whatever it is you're going to write that much better. I must say this is one of few books I had to read for class I actually enjoyed.

1 comment: