Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thirteen ways of looking at....

The poem 13 ways of looking at a blackbird was a very interesting poem. I didn't really understand any of it, to be completely honest I had no idea what I was suppose to take from it. When the class started to discuss what they got from each stanza it kind of helped open my eyes I guess. I re read over it and started to relate things from my life to it. The stanza where it says when
"the blackbird flew out of sight,
it marked the edge
of one of many circles"
This made me think of being stuck and not knowing what to do, your stuck in an endless circle. our economy for example can't seem to catch a break, its one bad thing after another. I'm not sure how the author of this poem thought of thirteen ways to look at a blackbird. I know it is going to be difficult for me to come up with thirteen ways of looking at something...

No comments:

Post a Comment